Collard Green Salad
6 cup collard green, chopped
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
1⁄2 cup red onions, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, fresh and minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoon agave
1⁄4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
Cayenne to taste
1. In a bowl whisk together olive oil, agave, balsamic vinegar, ginger, cayenne, and salt.
2. Massage the dressing into the collard leaves. Massage well. Collards should be soft and
well coated with dressing.
3. Toss the collards with tomatoes, onions, raisins, and hemp seeds. Add salt to taste if
Black Eye Pea Fritters
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup minced sweet or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley,
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- avocado, peanut or coconut oil for frying
Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mash all ingredients together until a thick paste forms.
Roll and shape patties. The mixture makes about 12. If you are not using it immediate place patties in the refrigerator for up to one day.
Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the fritters in batches cooking 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once, until golden brown. Drain the fritters on a paper towel-lined plate. Enjoy warm with or without hot sauce.