Going dairy free can be a journey but one of the way to enjoy your favorite recipes is to substitute anything that classes for milk with a dairy free option. Now when it comes to making dairy-free milk it can be a labor of love, which you know if you have ever made almond milk. If you want a recipe that requires no soaking or straining Hemp Milk is a great plant-based alternative.
Hemp seeds are a nutritious and versatile ingredient that offer numerous health benefits. They are rich in protein, healthy fatty acids, and fiber. Hemp seeds are also a good source of vitamin E and minerals, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
One notable benefit of hemp seeds is their high magnesium content, along with amino acids and B vitamins. These nutrients can help reduce stress and anxiety levels. Magnesium plays a crucial role in neurotransmitter functions, which are known to help alleviate stress. Meanwhile, amino acids contribute to protein synthesis in the body, providing the energy required to keep our bodies strong. Insufficient amino acids can lead to an overproduction of stress hormones, so incorporating them through foods like hemp seeds can help maintain a healthy balance
- 4 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 dates, pitted
- In a blender, add the hemp seeds, filtered water, coconut oil, and pitted dates.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and frothy.
- If desired, you can strain the mixture through a nut milk bag or fine-mesh sieve to remove any sediment or pulp. This step is optional, as some people prefer the texture and added fiber of the hemp seeds.
- Pour the hemp milk into a glass jar or bottle and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Before using, give the hemp milk a good shake as natural separation may occur.