I had the pleasure of presenting
for the Immunity Boost Festival "Food as Your Medicine" cooking Live with Ingredients that Make a Difference – presented by Thrive Market.
I will hosted a live meal preparation incorporating ingredients that help boost your immune system, while offering tools to help mitigate stress.
The live broadcast will included a Q&A with Linda Montoya,Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Business Consultant, we will dive into a discussion to ensure we have the tools needed to help modify our daily routines.
This was be broadcasted on my Instagram and Facebook live. Below are the recipes I shared.
Mandarin Kale Salad
- Bunch of Kale torn
- 1 beet grated
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar*
- 1-2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil or olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 2-3 mandarin oranges peeled and separated
- ¼ cup raisins
- Cayenne to taste (optional)
- Honey or Agave to taste (optional)
Cut, chop and or grate all the fruits and vegetables. Add kale in bowl with 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Massage the kale until it's dark green. Add the juice from to Mandarin oranges and slices of mandarin oranges. Mix in the following ingredients carrots, beets, pumpkin seeds, and raisins. Add balsamic vinegar. Add Himalayan sea salt and agave to taste.
*Substitute with Lemon or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Hemps Seeds
- 1 ½ Cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 dates
Add all the ingredients to blender. Blend until forthy.
Raw Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups - Raw Walnuts, soaked overnight and dehydrated
- 1 ½ cup - Pitted soft dates (about 18 dates)
- 1 cup - Organic cocoa or raw carob powder
- 1-2 tsp - Reishi
- Add the dates and cocoa powder very slowly to the mixture.
- Process until the mixture begins to stick together, assuring the batter does not get oily.
- Form the brownies into the desired shape.