I am so excited to be part of Exhale as a featured chef for nourish. Here is the recipe I shared and some tips you can use for your everyday wellness protocol.
- Eat more plants. If you can make 50% of your day raw.
- If you can buy organic foods do so. At minimum make sure you reference Environmental Workers Group Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen. The dirty dozen references fruits and vegetables that you should always get organic and the clean fifteen are foods that dont need to be organic.
- With oils less is better. If you have preexisting conditions like diabetes and high cholesterol you should eliminate them all together. You can use vegetable broth to season your vegetables. When cooking with oil use coconut or avocado oil. For salads you can use olive or flaxseed oil.
- To improve digestion don't drink anything while eating as it dilutes the enzymes that help you break down your food. Digestion starts in your mouth so take your time and chew.
- Fiber is your friend. To get your daily requirements of fiber have a green smoothie and salad everyday. Your gut will love you for it because it is considered a prebiotic.
Nourishing Taco Salad
- 2 cups cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus additional to thin, if needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 2 cups red peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable broth
- Ume plum vinegar, soy sauce, or aminos to taste
- 3-4 cups Mixed Greens or Spinach
- ½ bunch Kale, torn and massaged
- 1⁄2 bunch of Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sprouts, optional
- Nacho Cheese (recipe below)
- 1 cup mushroom mixture (recipe)
- Blue Corn Chips
- Place all the ingredients into the blender (peppers go into blender first) and process until
smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator.
- Nacho cheese will last for five days
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms.
- Sauté for 4-6 minute, constantly stirring. Turn off the heat and season with Ume plum vinegar. Put to the side.
In plate layer all ingredients or in bowl mix all the ingredients. Drizzle nacho cheese on last. Serve with blue corn chips.
Additional Options: This can be eaten in traditional taco shells or cabbage leaves.