The Spring Equinox marks the end of the darkest season of the year, winter. It is a time of renewal, growth, and fertility. Known as the vernal equinox, this time of year represents a symbolic shift in the annual cycle from longer nights and shorter days to equal hours of day and night. Here are a few rituals to help you connect with the energy of the Spring Equinox.
1. Spring Cleaning
Most of us have heard or possibly witnessed our family and friends practice spring cleaning. It is time that you declutter and do a deep cleanse of their homes. Springtime is about starting anew. Removing clutter from your space is a great way to reset the energy. You know that space in some corner that has a bag or pile that you were meaning to get to. Take some time to go through your home, clear those spaces, throw away what you do not need or give away what can be saved but you are no longer using.
2. Plant New Seeds: Set Intentions
Take the time to write down what you want to manifest in this forthcoming season. The law of attraction in its simplest understanding states, "Like attracts LIke " by focusing on what you desire and not past failures you will see a major shift in how things manifest in your life.
After you write the list down, read what you wrote down and imagine it coming into fruition. How does it make you feel? What does it smell and taste like? If it, negative thoughts should arrive counter it with the following statement: Everything, I desire is possible I just have to believe.
Make a copy of your intentions. When you have a chance, plant a seed or seedling along with your intentions. As you nurture the plant imagine yourself nurturing your intentions. As the plant grows and potentially so will your intentions.
3. 108 Sun Salutations or Japas Meditation
To mark the change in seasons we flow through 108 sun salutations. 108 is a significant number in several spiritual systems. In this case, by performing the same movements over and over again you can enter a meditative state.
If 108 Sun Salutations feels like a daunting task choose a number that resonates with you. You can also do a japas meditation instead. Japas meditation is where you repeat a mantra a 108 times. It is often paired with malas, a meditation necklace that has 108 beads. Repeat the following mantra 108 times.
“I’m in constant bloom. I am refreshed, rejuvenated and reborn.”
4. Purify Your Space
There are several ways to cleanse your space. As mentioned before, decluttering your space is a way you can shift the energy but it may not be enough to remove negative energy. Smudging with sage is very popular but it is not always accessible or sustainable practice. Sage is becoming an endangered species because the practice has become more mainstream. Below are several ways you can purify the energy in your space without the use of sage.
- Cleanse with Sound: Sound is known for its healing qualities. It also can be used to shift the energy in a space. You can use tuning forks, singing bowls, or even drums. If you have those items in your possession use them to clear your space. Or you can find recordings online Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, or another music app.
- White Light: White light is known for its purifying qualities. It is considered one of the purest forms of light. Here are two ways to employ white light:
- Find a white candle. Light the white candle, and slowly travel from room to room, allowing the light to hit every space that you feel needs to be cleansed. Imagine the candle’s flame burning brightly and lighting up your entire house with white light energy, cleansing your space of negativity.
- Use a white light visualization. Visualize a white light growing from an area in your house and spreads until it fills every room with positive universal energy. This white light will cleanse and purify your space. Hold the visualization for as long as you can.
- Essential Oils: You can use an oil diffuser in place of smudging. The following essential oils have purifying properties, such as clary sage, lemongrass, mint, lavender or eucalyptus.
Springtime is a great time to do a cleansing fast. Our bodies begin to respond to the changing season by releasing foreign matter or toxins and mucus. After eating heavy foods during the winter a cleanse will lighten our systems. Below are guidelines for Spring Equinox Fast. The fast can be eaten in either solid or liquid form.
Time Frame: 3 to 10 days
8:00 a.m to 12 noon: Kiwis, oranges, limes, grapefruit, lemons, apples, applesauce (unsweetened), apple juice, pure water, and herbal teas.
12 noon to 8:00 p.m. Asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, dandelion leaves, garlic, leafy greens, olive oil, parsley, parsnips, potatoes with skins, sprouts pure water, and herbal teas.
The foods above can be taken in solid or liquid form. The vegetables can be raw, steamed, baked, or roasted. Combine raw and cooked foods to each meal to supply live enzymes for proper digestion.
Want to go deeper Join our guided Spring Cleanse. Click the image below to join.
JOIN SPRING RETREAT