A few months ago I was asked to give some words of wisdom to young girl as an artist entrepreneur. It allowed me to really assess what I had learned and what would I tell my younger self if I had to do it all again. A few weeks later a received a package in the mail as to thank me for my time. I was pleasantly surprised by Saint Maxine Waters candle.
When someone knows the right gift to give you, and it arrives on the day of the new moon.
In many traditional cultures candles are charged and used for mediation and rituals. Many are devoted to certain Saints or dieties that represent different energies that you made need.
I was inspired by the gift to find seven quotes I could use as affirmations from Saint Maxine Waters. Maxine Waters has been in the limelight recently for her statements. She has been unapologetic about her truths. As I navigate finding my voice and speaking my truth, she is someone I admire.
Try these affirmations over the course of the next 7 days:
- I’m reclaiming my time.
- I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.
- You cannot be successful and continue to be a victim.
- My spirit tells me I cannot be silent.
- I'm going to continue to speak my mind in the way that I do.
- I'm a strong black woman, and I cannot be intimidated. I cannot be undermined.
- Everyone has a part to play. We have the power. You can do it.