Balancing table pose is a core strengthening pose that works with many different styles and levels of yoga practice from power yoga to pregnancy and senior yoga. Balancing table pose lengthens the spine, improves balance, coordination and focus. This posture also works as a prep pose for standing balances such as Warrior III, half-moon and dancer.Directions:
- Start by sitting in the kneeling position.
- Move to Table Top Pose as follows. Place both your hands in front with palms on floor facing forward. Raise yourself up and support yourself on the palms and the knees. Adjust and bring the palms under your shoulders. Adjust and bring the knees in line under the hips. As well as the ankles in line with the knees.
- Inhale and simultaneously raise the right leg up backwards and left arm forward making both arm and leg parallel to the ground .
- Breathe normally and maintain this position for as long as you are comfortable.
- To release, bring back the arms to the ground and simultaneously, bring back the right leg to the floor and come back to Table Top Pose.
- Repeat the pose with the left leg raised backwards and the right arm raised in front.
Benefits of Balancing Table Top Pose
- Balancing Table Top Pose will improve the sense of balance.
- It strengthens the abdominal and lower back muscles.
- It strengthens the core muscles.
- This asana helps to elongate the spine and correct some postural defects.
- It can relive stress and tension, especially when awareness of breath is maintained.
Nzingah had a chance to sit down with Jeanette and Alex of Planted and Miami and shared her journey towards self-ca...Read More
I am excited to announce that I am officially an contributor for Omnoire. OMNoire is a wellness social community for...Read More