Table Top Pose
Table Top Pose is great for developing better awareness of correct body alignment. It also serves an transition for many floor poses.
1.Come to the floor on your hands and knees. Bring the knees hip width apart, with the feet directly behind the knees. Bring the palms directly under the shoulders with the fingers facing forward.
2. Look down between the palms and allow the back to be flat. Press into the palms to drop the shoulders slightly away from the ears. Press the tail bone towards the back wall and the crown of the head towards the front wall to lengthen the spine.
3. Breathe deeply and hold for 1-3 breaths
Benefits of Table Top Pose
- Table Top pose helps to lengthen the spine.
- It re-aligns the spine and removes minor postural defects.
Contraindications for Table Top Pose
- Avoid this pose if you are suffering from injury of knees or wrist.
- If you have pain in the knees while doing this pose, you can use a soft folded blanket under the knees as support.